It’s hard to think about New Years Resolutions right now. Our world is about to be rocked hard with figuring out how to raise 2 kids – how can I say what I’m going to do differently this year? One of the biggest things on my list is going to be getting back in shape and losing the baby weight much quicker this time than I did with Maddie Grace. I’m pretty determined, despite falling off the eating healthy and exercising train during this pregnancy. But of course there are other things I want to change up this year. Since I want these to actually be attainable I’m keeping my list short and sweet:
1. Snack Better – I’m a bad snacker. I want to snack all the time, and I often just reach for whatever is easy and looks yummy, no matter how nutritional that snack is. I love snacks that contain protein, especially for post-workouts, and I really don’t eat a lot of meat or other protein-heavy foods. Veggies and fruits are easy to snack on at home, but I’m constantly on the go and love to grab bars to take along. That’s why I was ecstatic to find ZonePerfect bars. They come in so many delicious flavors, and are full of protein and made to give you energy which I think all moms would say they need more of.
2. Exercise Intentionally – For me this means actually having a workout schedule and sticking to it. I’m planning to join a new gym that actually has quality childcare, and have already picked up some new workout apparel (does anyone else stalk the we made too much section of Lululemon?) which usually does the trick of getting me to actually workout. I was doing so well at this before I got pregnant and I’d love to jump back into the swing of things.
3. Cut Back – This might be the opposite of what most bloggers have on their resolution lists, but I figured I’d go ahead and be honest. I have a hard time juggling my current blogging schedule and feeling like I give Maddie Grace enough of my attention while also still managing to do things like get together with friends, clean up the house, and engage in hobbies. I love blogging but also want to make sure I’m putting my children and myself first. My biggest problem is that I have a tendency to take on more than I can handle – my schedule gets overloaded and then I’m stressed out trying to write the posts I need to and promote those posts and it stops being fun.
4. Be More Present – So this ties into cutting back. When I’m constantly on my phone checking emails and replying to comments on Instagram I’m not being present with my kids. Lots of times Maddie Grace will take my phone away from me and put it out of my reach which I take as a sign that she wants me to put it down and actually play with her. I’m not saying I need to give up being on my phone at all though. When surrounded by children under 2 all day I thrive off of having some type of connection with the outside world and social media gives me that.
5. Learn About Photography – Well this is something I’ve wanted to do for a while but never really dove into. I love taking pictures (clearly) but have no clue what I’m actually doing. I was playing with my new camera and telling my dad how changing different things gives my pictures more light and he was surprised that I was just figuring out how the basics of photography work. So here’s to losing the auto setting on my camera and learning how to actually take pictures and hopefully improving the ones I post around here.
So there you have it – 5 resolutions that I think (hope?) are actually attainable for 2016. The one that is probably going to be the easiest for me to actually achieve is snacking healthier. I don’t need sugary, fatty snacks all day long like I’ve been doing. Think Perfect bars are just as tasty while being a LOT more nutritious. So far I’ve had three flavors (I find them at Target) and they have all been delicious: Apple Gingersnap, Mint Chocolate, and Caramel Brownie. My favorite is the caramel brownie because I’m a huge chocoholic.
What are your New Year’s Resolutions for 2016?
*Thank you Zone Perfect for sponsoring this post. #ZonePerfect