This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MySignatureDish #CollectiveBias
Ever wondered how to perfectly pan sear scallops in a wok? Well I’ve got that for you with today’s recipe. I’m a huge seafood dish fan and scallops are one of my favorites. But they are so tricky! You’ve got to have the right equipment, the right heat, and the right timing to get that perfect pan seared taste without overcooking them. And pan searing scallops is an essential part of my Pan Seared Scallops and Vegetables in White Wine Sauce recipe. You might think of woks as being for stir-fry meals, as that’s where you usually see them used. But a wok is perfect to cook scallops and vegetables in even if you make a non-Asian sauce, as I did here. So let’s get started!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Large Sea Scallops (4-5 per person serving)
Vegetables of Choice (I used asparagus, yellow squash, and zucchini.)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Clove Garlic
1 Cup White Wine
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
How to Perfectly Pan Sear Scallops in a Wok:
(1) Heat wok over medium high heat. Add butter and oil.
(2) Rinse scallops, pat dry and lightly salt and pepper them. Once pan is sizzling, add scallops gently to the wok.
(3) Don’t move the scallops except to flip them. Cook both sides 2 minutes, until each side is a nice caramel color, remove scallops quickly from heat as to not overcook the scallops.
And the Recipe:
(1) Cook scallops as outlined above.
(2) Once scallops are removed add garlic and vegetables. Continue to cook over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. When vegetables have been in pan 2 minutes add the white wine and cover with lid.
(3) When vegetables are done return scallops to the wok for 1 minute or less. Remove from wok and serve! Enjoy!
Using the right equipment is so important here, it’s important to have a quality wok for excellent results. That’s why I use the Calphalon Signature™ Nonstick Wok which gives me nonstick convenience with the performance and durability of stainless steel cooking! It’s made to evenly sear, brown, sauté, and seal in juices of meats, seafood and vegetables. The nonstick is so durable, you can cook with metal spatulas, spoons, and whisks, and is even dishwasher safe. And best of all Calphalon Signature™ cookware pieces have a full lifetime warranty. You can find both Calphalon Signature™ Nonstick and Stainless Steel cookware online at Macy’s or in store!
What’s your favorite gourmet dish to make?