Oh this week has been rough. Our sweet Maddie Grace is pathetically sick and has a double ear infection. This means our normally terrible sleeping child has been sleeping even worse. Although after a stint of screaming last night she is still asleep now at 11:00 AM when I started typing this post. While my now four month old is happily sitting up, chewing on his hand, giggling, and giving me the cutest looks. Would anyone else freeze their children at 4 months old if they could? I would probably with both of my kids – I just love this age!
Yep Tripp is now 4 months and Maddie Grace is 25 months. Only I think it’s time to be done counting months for her so really she’s just 2. Tripp has to be the happiest baby alive. He’s all smiles, and I love his laugh. His sister can now make him laugh instead of just terrifying him and I really enjoy watching her make faces at him to get him to giggle. He rolls both ways, loves for us to hold his hands and for him to stand up, and can almost sit up on his own. He’s really strong. He’s also a watcher. He likes to just sit and observe things, and always wants to be facing out (which has made babywearing hard). Tripp seems to really enjoy accompanying us to music class and his big sister’s play dates and just watching everything. He’s a great sleeper (thank God since our other child isn’t) and if he does wake up overnight just nurses and goes right back to sleep. He’s also recently found his feet and loves getting into happy baby pose.
We were in town this weekend and decided to get out and about and explore Atlanta as much as we could. Saturday we walked the beltline, quickly visited Old Fourth Ward park for the splash pad and then ate at Krog Street. Sunday we visited the Atlanta Botanical Garden, one of our favorite places.
And because I keep getting asked about what makeup and beauty products I use I decided to just throw it in this post. Since it’s getting warm, and I have oily skin, I have certain things I need to use this time of year. This deodorant? Pricey but works so great you’ll try it and won’t go back. The matte primer and eyelid primer I have to use every day to keep any makeup on my face. And powder concealers are a must when my skin is oily.
1) Pur Cosmetics Glitze & Glam Eyeshadow Set – The daytime set is my go to everyday eye shadow right now. I love the neutral/plumish shades that blend perfectly and are just gorgeous. The brighter pink shades are perfect for a night out!
2) Donna Karan New York Deodorant – If you can get past the price of this stuff it’s the best for summer. Keeps you smelling fresh all day long!
3) Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer – If you’re like me and your skin, especially eyelids, get oily quickly in the summer this stuff is gold. Keeps your eyeshadow in place and makes it go on smoother!
4) Bare Minerals Concealer and Foundation – I find that matte powder foundation and concealer works so much better for the summer and I’m yet to find better than Bare Minerals! I’ve been using this stuff since high school!
5) NUDESTIX Intense Matte – I have this lipstick in Belle and oh my goodness it’s amazing. The perfect nude matte lip color. It is a little drying so when I need moisture I switch over to IT Cosmetics Blurred Lines lipstick.
6) IT Cosmetics Brow Power – Easily the best eyebrow pencil I’ve used. Makes filling in those brows a breeze and stays in place!
7) MAKE UP FOR EVER Step 1 Mattifying Primer – This stuff is insane. I tell people it kills the oil on my face because it so does!
8) IT Cosmetics Ombre Blush – This blush is pretty, bright, and perfect for warm days. I love that it has both matte and shimmery hues for highlighting.
9) IT Cosmetics Brushes – All of these brushes from IT Cosmetics give me heart eyes. They are soft, give perfect coverage, and, best of all, don’t shed.
10) IT Cosmetics Matte Bronzer – I’m all about a matte bronzer for warm summer nights. This is the best bronzer I’ve come across. Goes on smooth, is the perfect shade for a buildable bronze, and still looks natural.
What are your favorite spring and summer beauty products?