Thank you Baby Jogger for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I only recommend products I truly love.
Atlanta is one big, busy city. So it might not seem like it would have that many places where one could enjoy a nice walk with the kids. But Atlanta has a ton of hidden gems when it comes to places enjoy a stroll, as well as some obvious ones. Here are our favorites:
(1) The Atlanta Beltline. Everyone in Atlanta knows about the Beltline. It can be a little crowded but there is so much to do and see on a walk along the Beltline. We like to do lunch at Krog Street Market and then walk to Piedmont Park and back when the weather is nice.
(2) Atlanta Botanical Garden. This is one of my favorite spots to take the kids, and we have a membership so we go often. There is a great walking path easy for strolling along, plenty to see, and an amazing children’s garden with a splash pad and really fun playground. Plus they often have special events and functions for children.
(3) Georgia Tech Campus. I’m by no means a Georgia Tech fan (go dawgs), but I have to admit their campus isn’t too shabby. In fact it’s pretty nice to walk around. This is especially pleasant over the summer or when school isn’t in session. Emory University, which is also in Atlanta, has a nice campus but isn’t as accessible for strolling.
(4) Chastain Park. Located in Atlanta’s Buckhead neighborhood, Chastain park is a beautiful place to visit and take a walk around. You’ll see lots of other moms and kids out and about as well. There is a great playground and I find it a very peaceful walk.
(5) Atlanta Beltline: Northside Trail. I know, I already have the Atlanta Beltline on here but this section is so far away from the main one it deserves it’s own spot. Plus the Northside Trail has a totally different feel – you feel like you are in nature walking this part of the Beltline as opposed to the other urban parts of the Beltline.
And this Baby Jogger City Tour stroller is a must have for city dwellers. It’s super lightweight at 14 pounds, and folds up small enough to be a carry on for most modes of transportation. It features a one-hand fold, multi-position reclining seat, and an extended UVA 50+ canopy with a peek-a-boo window. It comes with a backpack-style carry bag, and there are tons of accessories that can be purchased to go with it. I mean, just look.
It’s so easy! View the full Best Places to Stroll Guide on the @BabyJogger Instagram page and head over to BabyJogger.com to see how far the City Tour can take you!
Now I’d love to hear from you – where are your favorite places to stroll around your city? Tell me more below or share on Instagram with #HowIStroll!