Our first trip as a family to Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom in Orlando was for Maddie Grace’s 2nd birthday when our sweet little Tripp was only 3 months old. We got told we were crazy. I told myself we were crazy. I expected to have to switch off with Tom who would sit with Tripp and who would ride on the rides with Maddie Grace. So I was pleasantly shocked to learn that Tripp could actually go on all the rides that Maddie Grace could. But even though a baby can go on all those rides, doesn’t mean that they should. This year Tripp is a lot bigger, and can even walk around at Disney World, but for the most part we are still sticking to the same rides. So for all you other Disney lovers just crazy enough to hit up Disney with a baby I wanted to share my list of the best Disney World rides to go on at with a baby. Also don’t forget to head to the bottom of the post to enter to win a $500 Disney gift card!
(1) Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid – We spent the day at Disney World yesterday actually and this was Tripp’s favorite ride! He loved watching the characters and pointing at different ones. It’s a great movie and always fun to recap in the ride form! It’s got enough action for little minds without being scary!
(2) It’s a Small World – This ride is just a classic. This was Tripp’s favorite ride at 3 months and I remember him being alert and interested during the whole ride. Lots to see and hear, with the same familiar tune on repeat.
(3) The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – I think all babies love Winnie the Pooh. Wait, make that all people. How could you not? This ride is slow moving making it perfect for babies and is absolutely adorable.
(4) Jungle River Cruise – I’ve always been a fan of the Jungle River Cruise, despite hearing other people call it boring, and think it’s perfect for babies. It gives them a change of scenery, the soft rocking of a boat, and we always get a great guide who makes it entertaining for the parents as well!
(5) Princess Meet and Greets – Okay, not a ride. And this is more for older babies but my 12 month old has been loving meeting the princesses and having them love on him. His face after Ariel gave him a big kiss? Priceless. Plus the pictures you get of your baby with a princess will make a great keepsake!
And what do both of my kid find scary despite it being my favorite ride? Pirates of the Caribbean. Of course. Once again I’m riding it solo this year.
Other things to keep in mind when visiting Disney World with a baby. Bring lots of sunscreen and an easy to maneuver stroller. Keep in mind that there is a great baby station, but it is all the way at the front of the park. For older babies pack lots of snacks and a water bottle. And of course bring a carrier for wearing baby through all the rides.
And probably my biggest tip for doing Walt Disney World with a baby? Stay on site. It will make your life infinitely easier, and there are resorts that will fit in every budget. Did you know you can actually find really good deals on Disney resorts using Expedia? I’m always down for saving money!
But now to the good stuff. Who wants $500 to put towards your next Disney vacay?
I’m teaming up with a fun group of Disney loving bloggers to give one of YOU a $500 Disney Dollars gift card. This can be used at any of the parks OR any Disney Store. Be sure to check out each of their blogs for more Disney magic!