Sunday morning when we woke up my husband asked our 3 year old what she wanted to do. Without hesitation she shouted “go to the zoo and look for baby animals!” We are lucky to live in Atlanta where we have an amazing zoo that we are members of and visit regularly. They even have special toddler educational programs monthly that my kids love. Because going anywhere with toddlers can be difficult, I’ve come up with a list of things we know now that we must have when going to the zoo with our two toddlers:
(1) Kid binoculars – I’m going to be honest, I’ve looked through these and everything through them looks like a complete blur to me. My kids insist it helps them see the animals better and they make them happy so whatever.
(2) Money for random things – If your kids are like mine, they start pointing at whatever they see and ask to have it. And since zoos have a way of placing the stuff kids want right where they can see it, the only way to avoid break downs is the cave and get them that stupid stuffed animal monkey and fake tattoo.
(3) Wipes – Because kids make a mess, and zoos are full of germy kids, make sure you bring wipes to constantly clean off your kids.
(4) Camera – Zoos are a great place for making family memories. From your tot feeding the giraffe a leaf to watching the wild bird show. Make sure you bring along a camera to record all these memories.
(5) Happy Baby Pouches – My toddlers can both eat nonstop and are constantly asking for snacks. That’s why I love Happy Baby Clearly Crafted™ pouches has and I stock up on them for outings such as this. I grab the clear pouches because I like being able to see what’s inside and I love that they are full of organic and trustworthy ingredients. Right now you can save $1 off 3 pouches when you go shopping at Walmart using this coupon!
What are the must haves you take when you go to the zoo with your family? Let me know below!