I love breastfeeding. I think every woman has the right to feed her baby the way she chooses but for me breastfeeding works best and I think it’s amazing. That said, I’m not a huge fan of pumping. But it’s unavoidable. If you’re a breastfeeding mom you are going to pump and bottle feed occasionally, if not regularly. I value all the reasons below and I value our breastfeeding relationship. Because of this I am very picky about what bottles I will use with my baby so that our breastfeeding relationship is not interrupted or damaged when he takes a bottle. I love that I’m able to pump and use Chicco NaturalFit® bottles, and here are the reasons I pump and bottle feed my baby.…
(1) You work. Part time, full time, at home, outside the home… if you work you’re going to need to pump some, or often. I know women who work who have become exclusive pumpers because it’s what works for them. Many women enjoy working, it brings a lot of satisfaction to them, other women need to work, and some are a mixture of both. There’s nothing wrong in doing what works best for you and your family. I work from home and occasionally work for half a day or so outside the home. In order to do that, I have to pump and leave a bottle with my baby.
(2) You want your significant other or other children to help with the feedings. Not only is it an amazing bonding experience for your significant other to be able to feed their child, but it can also give you a much needed break. Say, at 3 in the morning when baby is up for the third time of the night. And siblings will get a big kick out of helping feed the baby (supervised, of course). MG likes to put her hand on the bottle and pretend like she’s the one feeding him and she thinks it’s the coolest thing ever, and I’m all about the sibling bonding.
(3) You want to wear non-breastfeeding friendly clothes. Finding clothes that are compatible with breastfeeding is a big struggle in my life right now. Is it cut low enough, or does it have buttons? Will I ever be able to wear my cute dresses again? Oh, the tragedy. Well here’s the deal: you can wear the super cute dress with the high neckline that you love. You just need to make sure you pump and have some milk on hand to feed the baby with when you do.
(4) You are going on a road trip. On our trip to Savannah Tripp wanted to eat every hour. Not to mention the other stops we had to take for food, diaper changes, and gas. It ended up taking us way longer than usual to get there. That’s when I realized I should have pumped and brought a bottle. I was sitting in the backseat squeezed between both car seats anyways because Maddie Grace HAD to hold my hand the whole time. If I had a bottle we could have cut out a couple stops which would have been amazing. You can also pump while road tripping and then have it all taken care of!
(5) You want some time away from the baby. Even if you don’t work, you’re going to need some time away from your baby. I enjoy getting my hair and nails done, or a night out with the girls on occasion. Sometimes I just want to go to Target and walk around with a green tea frappe by myself. Clearly I need to leave milk for my baby in order to do these things.
Having a breastfeeding friendly bottle when you are away from your baby is crucial to a successful breastfeeding relationship. You want a bottle that is as most like the breast as possible, especially in the early months, so that your baby does not develop a bottle preference or nipple confusion. The Chicco NaturalFit® bottle mimics the breast in form, feel, and function. They have a unique angled nipple with a rounded base which provides the proper positioning for an easy and natural latch for newborns. It’s this that gives your baby an easy transition between bottle and breast. As a newborn, you want the slowest flow nipple so that they get the right amount at the right speed. As they get older, babies will take milk at a time and drink it faster. NaturalFit® has different nipples to provide the perfect fit and flow for babies’ feeding preferences as they grow and develop.
Tripp takes really well to the NaturalFit ® bottles. He latches right on, will drink about three ounces, and has no problem transitioning back to the breast after feeding from these bottles unlike other ones we’ve tried. You can find Chicco NaturalFit® in three sizes for sale at a suggested retail price of $8.99 each at Babies”R”Us, buybuy BABY, ChiccoShop.com, and other online retailers.
I’ve teamed up with Chicco to give one lucky reader a package of NaturalFit® products valued at $200! Enter using the form below – good luck!
Chicco NaturalFit Package Giveaway (Worth over $200)
*Thank you Chicco for sponsoring this post. Regardless, all thoughts and opinions in this post are my own and I only recommend products I truly love.
Stephanie Phelps says
My favorite newborn essential is the KEYFIT INFANT CAR SEAT & BASE – OMBRA.
Would love to win this for my daughter who is expecting twins in July!! I know she loves all the Chicco products!
Maggie Whitmire says
I have such a hard time with this. Lila is 8 months old and we still haven’t found a bottle that she likes and will take with ease. I love pumping and really would love to be able to have a break more often but with her not taking a bottle well, it’s not easy to get away. I will have to try these and see if she will take them!!
Gabby Anderson says
I really like the http://www.chiccoshop.com/gear/highchairs/hook-ons-and-travel-seats/chicco-caddy-hook-on-chair—red/04062508700070.html
Mindy Dahlstrom says
I love baby strollers and all the different feeding gadgets. And baby clothes 🙂
Nina Harris says
My favorite essential is the car seat
Sally Kanehen says
Great article!! I too am very much for breastfeeding, and pumping for the freedom we get. I’d LOVE this giveaway, due with babe #4 in July!
Allison Speir says
I am looking forward to trying these bottles. We use one brand right now occasionally and I feel like my little one might start to have a little nipple confusion and I think they are contributing to him having a little gas. Loved your blog post!
Ashley Keinath says
Pacifier and those super cute holders that have -love! Bottles and a chicco system with car seat and stroller
Ashley Keinath says
Pacifier with the super cute holder! Bottles and a Chicco trace system with car seat and stroller
I’m a full time mom and nurse. I pump when I’m working and when I’m home to make sure my freezer stays full! My little man likes to eat!
First baby due in July! Can’t wait to try!
Kristin Goodson says
My favorite newborn essential products are the keyfit 30 magic infant carseat and the naturalfit stage bottles.
Kristin Goodson says
I love the keyfit 30 infant car seat and the naturalfit stage bottles.
Lauren HM says
The NATURALFIT 5OZ TRANSITION cup
Lauren HM says
NATURALFIT 5OZ TRANSITION Cup
Taylor Hansen says
Thanks for the blog! I’m due in August and plan on breastfeeding, but will need to pump as well to make things in my schedule work.
Julia V says
When my daughter was an infant, she loved being carried around in infant carriers. Now I’m pregnant with #2, and I I can just imagine how helpful a carrier will be when simultaneously chasing a 2-year old! We love the Chicco UltraSoft Infant Carrier!
Karen gonzalez says
Wow I love everything about this blog post. You shared every single special detail which is sooo amazing cause we get to know everything about this amazing brand and products. Im so happy I found your blog!!! This would be such a blessing to win for this momma (me) who has 2 boys (4 years old & 10 months) whos birthdays are coming up but sadly we cant get them any presents since we are struggling so bad since I cant work do to my illnesses and my husband is the only one working but we just paid $1500 for my very expensive medications .
Karen gonzalez says
But I really like the bottles and of course the car seats
I like the NaturalFit Deco 4M+ Orthodontic Pacifiers – Pink (2 pack) and the NaturalFit 5 oz. Bottle 0M+ Newborn Flow – Stage 1
Nicole B says
The Keyfit carseat is #1 on my wish list!
I love the Bravo LE Stroller – Singapore
Stacey Roberson says
I like the All You Need Starter Set, NaturalFit Bottle and Baby Food Warmer and Microwave Steam Sterilizer.
Great advice – Expecting baby #1 the end of May
Sherry Conrad says
I like the POLARIS KEYFIT 30 INFANT CAR SEAT + ACTIV3 JOGGING STROLLER BUNDLE – FREE CADDY.
Stephanie Larison says
I really like theNATURALFIT STAGE 1 PINK DECO GIFT SET
Richard Hicks says
One of my favorites is
LITEWAY PLUS STROLLER – POLARIS
My favorites are the NaturalFit Digital Bottle and Baby Food Warmer and the NaturalFit All You Need Starter Set.