I love finding ways to save money around our house. And the room where I’ve been able to find the most savings? The kitchen. Easily. There are so many easy hacks you can do to save money in your kitchen alone, it’s a great place to start when cutting down on costs. So what are my favorite kitchen saving tips?
(1) Use Hefty Ultra Strong. We’ve all been there – that feeling when you take out the trash of something liquid dripping down your leg. Don’t let that happen again. With Hefty Ultra Strong you get both quality and value with your trash bags. Top quality performance with a new, lower retail price? Can’t beat it. Only you can – save an extra $1.00 off Hefty trash bags with this coupon from Coupons.com.
(2) Hand wash your dishes. Cut down on energy costs by hand washing your dishes. Not only will you save on your energy and power bills, but typically liquid dish detergent for hand washing dishes is less than the powder or pods for the dishwasher!
(3) Lower your thermostat. Most people keep their refrigerator and freezer thermostat higher than it needs to be which wastes energy. Keep your fridge between 36 and 38 degrees F and your freezer between 0 and 5 degrees F for optimal conservation of energy,
(4) Freeze everything. This will keep the food you buy fresh for longer and make it so that you don’t waste as much. You can freeze everything from extra sauce to cookies, from grapes to chopped onions.
(5) Wash your fruits and veggies. Dilute vinegar with some water and wash all your produce in it as soon as you get home from the store. You’ll find that your fruits and veggies last longer for you to enjoy!
(6) Don’t pre-heat your oven. As soon as you turn on your oven stick whatever you need in there, unless you are cooking something where preheating is crucial such as bread or cake. This cuts down on the energy you use to bake!
(7) Grow your food. Not only will you save money, but you’ll know that the veggies and fruits you grow are actually organic and I think ours taste better than anything bought at the store!
(8) Use a filtered water pitcher. Cut back on water bottles which are such a waste of money by using a filtered water pitcher!
(9) Meal prep. Once a week plan out your menu for the week, then buy those groceries, cook, and freeze or refrigerate your meals for the week ahead. You’ll find yourself not buying frivolous items at the store and saving a ton of time. And time is money, right?
(10) Can your wine. I know that there are other people out there who like their nightly glass of wine. Well keep your wine fresh and good longer by canning it after opening!
What did I miss? Tell me your favorite kitchen saving tips below!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
I love all of these ideas! Especially the one about soaking fruits and veggies, which we never do:/