*Thank you Baby Jogger for sponsoring this post. Regardless, all thoughts and opinions are my own and I only recommend products I truly love.
Atlanta is a really awesome place to live when you are a mom with young children. There are so many parks. So many museums. So many easy day trips. There’s just always something going on. And seriously everywhere you go you will see a ton of other moms with strollers. So I had to really think about it when I was asked my favorite place to take a day trip to stroll in the Atlanta area. But I quickly decided one of my favorite places to spend the day right in the center of Atlanta. Perfect for anyone who lives in this area with young kids. And that just had to be the iconic Piedmont Park Atlanta’s midtown. Here’s why I think Piedmont Park Atlanta is the best place to stroll.
(1) The activities for kids. Sure mama enjoys walking around the park, but for someone with 2 active toddlers there has to be stuff that they can hop out of the stroller and enjoy. And Piedmont Park Atlanta has it all. There are 2 playgrounds, an awesome splash pad, and one of the best public pools in Atlanta. Not to mention plenty of grass space to just run around on or have a picnic. A toddler could spend all day here and not get bored, which is saying a lot.
(2) The Scenery. Nowhere in Atlanta beats Piedmont Park for pretty views. You’ve got and idyllic park with rolling hills. A pretty pond pond full of ducks. And then a gorgeous view of the skyline. It never gets old.
(3) Always something going on. Saturday morning you may find the farmers market going on. Actually on a nice weekend you’re almost guaranteed that there will be some type of festival happening. You may see kickball teams, races, fundraisers, company events, etc.
(4) The Atlanta Botanical Garden. Located inside of Piedmont Park is the Atlanta Botanical Garden. Let’s just say my 3 year old balled because last time we went to Piedmont Park Atlanta we said we couldn’t go in to the garden – she’s obsessed. But it’s one of the prettiest places you can visit, and boasts another awesome playground and splash pad. You do have to pay for entry but it’s well worth it.
(5) Food nearby. Anyone with kids knows it’s smart to only go places where you can easily get food. Because no matter how many snacks you bring your kids will either refuse to eat them or eat them all and then whine about being hungry. Usually within Piedmont Park Atlanta you’ll find Popsicle and hot dog vendors, and on the outer edges of the park are plenty of restaurants that you can get to easily.
And of course the stroller we use when strolling around Piedmont Park Atlanta is the new Baby Jogger Lux stroller. The first stroller I ever purchased was actually a Baby Jogger City Select. Maddie Grace was actually already 3 months old, and we went in to a baby store and put her in a bunch of different strollers to test them out and I fell in love with it. Ever since I got it it’s been the first stroller I recommend to people. My favorite features have always been the smooth ride, the giant undercarriage storage area, that the seat can face mom or face out, and that it can transition into a double stroller or be a single stroller based on your needs.
And in the three years since I bought that stroller the City Select has gotten a major upgrade in the Lux version and somehow my friends at Baby Jogger made an even better stroller. The City Select Lux has over 20 seat configurations – over 25% more than the original City Select! The folding stroller is also now 30% smaller, and the Lux also now features all terrain suspension and a decelerating hand brake.
Head over to BabyJogger.com for the full best places to stroll guide. And I’d love to hear what yours are! Share with me below and then share pictures of your day trips using the hashtag #HowIStroll for a chance to win a City Select Lux!
Looks like a great place! And that stroller is awesome!
This Messy Season says
I Am loving this stroller! It’s making me miss the days of strolling. Now I just spend all walks like WALK, come on, we’ve smelled enough flowers. Haha
Jacki | Crazy Life with Littles says
That looks like a great stroller to have for the little ones!
What a great park, and that stroller is gorgeous! I love the gray!
Chanel van Reenen says
We love Piedmont Park! I need to get down there soon. Hopefully all of this rain will let up!
Next time I’m in that area I’ll check it out
Jenna - Espresso Ever After Blog says
This park is beautiful and I am swooning over that stroller!
Nicole Banuelos says
Such a beautiful stroll with a beautiful stroller and beautiful kids!