About three months ago a friend of mine sent a ton of Beautycounter samples to my house. As one skeptical of MLM companies, I assumed I wouldn’t like them but thought I’d be nice and try them out. Plus I’d seen her talk about how much she loved the products and about this brand trying to change the beauty industry to have safer standards which is something I’m totally on board with. To my surprise almost all of the samples I loved. I looked around on the Beautycounter website, realized the prices were around what I already spend on beauty products, figured out what I wanted to order, and almost hit that submit order button when that friend texted and asked if I wouldn’t rather sign up and get the 25% off products. Since with how much I wanted to order 25% was huge I decided just to go for it and jumped on board.
In the time since joining I’ve honestly fallen in love with everything Beautycounter. The products are legit the best beauty and body products I’ve ever used. Everything is an awesome value for how much product you get for the price. And I’ve learned a lot about the importance of using products made with safe ingredients and why the beauty industry in the United States needs to change their standards for everyone. Seriously – Beautycounter has banned 1,500 harmful ingredients commonly used in other cosmetics from their products. 1,400 of these are already banned in the European Union but not the United States. These are toxic ingredients that are hormone disrupters, endocrine disruptors, and more. Ingredients known to be linked to cancer, infertility, and other health issues are allowed in our cosmetic and beauty products in the United States. Beautycounter is very transparent about how they pick ingredients and source them, and constantly recheck their data to ensure their products are as safe as possible. And it’s not just about making Beautycounter products safe – it’s a movement to change the beauty industry and make all products in the United States safer. They also use environmentally safe packaging and are committed to helping preserve our planet.
I ordered a ton of different products in my first order with Beautycounter. Then a month later I ordered a ton more. Everything shipped very quickly and out of both orders I only returned one item. It was a shampoo I used a few times and didn’t love. Returning to Beautycounter was really easy though – everything comes with a pre-paid USPS shipping label so I just handed it to my postman and got a full return. Everyone who orders gets 60 days to return and it can be an empty bottle and shipping is on Beautycounter. Can’t beat that. And I ended up ordering a different shampoo in my next order and loving it so it all worked out.
I’ve been sharing about how much I love Beautycounter and the different specials and promotions going on a lot on my Instagram and Facebook beauty group (and have special giveaways/freebies only for MY clients so make sure you join) and the top question I’m getting asked is what are my absolute favorites. And this one is honestly hard for me to narrow down because there is so much that I love. So I’m going to do my best to get this list down to 10 and lay them all out for you here:
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel – This comes first because this is what absolutely sold me on signing up for Beautycounter. I took a before and after picture (added it in below) and my mind was blown. My wrinkles were smoothed. Skin brightened. Acne cleared up. Pores smaller. Just all around looked insanely better. And this was a night where I was up blogging and only got 3 hours of sleep. Now I’m not sure I could live without this stuff.
- Kids Shampoo, Conditioner, and Body Wash Set – I can count this as one right?!? I’ve used a ton of kids bath products and never liked one as much as this. First of all – it smells soooo good and without any harmful fragrances or chemicals added. My kids deserve the safest products that exist. Second, it gets my kids squeaky clean. A little tiny bit goes a long way and it lathers beautifully. We’ve been using it on all 3 kids for 2 months and have over half the bottle on all of them left!
- Daily Shampoo – Again something I can describe as lathering beautifully. I’d actually been on the hunt for a sulfur free shampoo I actually like for quite a while and hadn’t found anything that worked until this. I have very oily hair but that gets dry on the ends. This gets my hair squeaky clean without drying it out. In fact I’ve realized after using this a while I can go an entire 2 days without washing my hair or using dry shampoo and it still looks fresh. It’s a keeper.
- Tint Skin Foundation – When I announced I was signing up with Beautycounter I had several people message me saying that they already use and love the foundation so I knew it was going to be good. This has become my favorite go-to everyday foundation. I use the shade Linen and it matches my skin perfectly. It only takes a small little dot of this to cover my full face and I get a great natural coverage that doesn’t separate or get caked during the day. Because I have oily skin I top It with a little mattifying powder and it stays put.
- Countersun Sunscreen – I’m super picky about sunscreens and this is my favorite sunscreen ever. First of all I love that it uses safe ingredients since many sunscreens don’t. Second it is the best smelling sunscreen I’ve ever used. Third it sprays on and rubs in easily which is perfect when you have kids that just want to run around. Fourth it doesn’t stain your kids bathing suits. And fifth it is reef friendly and doesn’t harm the environment. Just get it, I promise you won’t regret it.
- Sheer Lipstick – Another thing I wear daily. I actually have three of these now – Twig, Rose, and Petal. I love all of them, but Rose is my current favorite. I have super dry lips that flake and peel with normal lipstick and this is one of very few I’ve used that hydrates them but still gives me a really pretty color.
- Lengthening Mascara – Did you know that other companies commonly use carbon black as an ingredient in mascara and eyeliner? Well that ingredient has been linked to cancer and negative effects on organs. Beautycounter formulated this mascara without carbon black or any other negative ingredients and instead pumped it full of organic oils and shea butter to moisturize your lashes as you wear it. It doesn’t clump at all, gives great length and color to lashes, and stays put. I’ve had no problems with smudging or flaking!
- Split End Serum – I thought It’s a 10 was my ride or die leave in hair treatment util I found this and learned that It’s a 10 uses Parabens. Beautycounter’s Split End Serum has conditioning oils to keep hair healthy and strong, but also soft and beautiful. My hair has never looked as healthy as it does right now and this little product plays a huge role in that!
- Eyeshadow Palette – I’m leaving this one open ended as to which palette because they all look gorgeous and the eyeshadows have the same formula so you’re going to get the same great pigmentation and blend ability with any of the Beautycounter palettes. It doesn’t fall out everywhere and just a little goes a long ways so one palette will go to the grave with you.
- Matte Bronzer No. 1 – I’m a big contouring fan but also want it to look natural and this bronzer is a hit with me. I never worry about going too heavy handed with it but also still get great definition and shaping with it. It blends in with my foundation flawlessly, stays put all day, and this is another one that will last me forever. It’s a good sized product as well and compared to other similar brands costs the less per ounce of product!
And because I really struggled narrowing this down to 10 here are my honorable mentions that I would still totally recommend ordering: Balancing Facial Mask (smells amazing, washes off easy, totally cleans out those pores), Repair & Nourish Conditioner (makes my dry hair so soft and on sale for only $15!), Rosewater Mist (can use as a skin pick me up or makeup setting spray), Counter Control Clear Pore Cleanser (smells amazing and has exfoliating beads in it), and Mattifying Powder (doesn’t have talc which is huge and perfect for baking!).
Today is the last day of September and I’m giving away entire eyeshadow palette (well worth $50) to someone who orders from me this month so get your oder in ASAP if you want the chance to win some gorgeousness! Every month will have a different giveaway and some freebies to throw at you so make sure you are following along to find out what they are!
Also if you sign up for Band of Beauty with me using my link I’ll reimburse the $29 that it costs to sign up and you’ll get free shipping on orders over $100, the freebie of the month (this month it’s a full size Countermatch body lotion), and 15% product credit to use for future purchases!
Already love Beautycounter or feel passionate about this and know you want to sign up? I’d love to have you on my team! Whether you just want to save 25% off all your products or you want to earn some money sharing it with your friends and family Beautycounter has a ton of resources and support here for you to ensure you succeed in either path! It only costs $98 to sign up and for that you get well over $98 worth of product (2 full size staple products, a makeup bag, a tote bag, sample jars, and tons of promotional materials to give to prospective clients) and can immediately take advantage of 25% off everything. We have an awesome team that I’ve really enjoyed chatting with and getting to know the last couple of weeks. Shoot me an email to talk more!
If you’ve tried Beautycounter let me know your thoughts below! And if you haven’t let me know what product you most want to try!
Before and after of first timed using the Overnight Resurfacing Peel:
Swatches of the eyeshadow palette:
Before and after getting ready using all Beautycounter products:
Leave a Reply