Thank you Babyganics for sponsoring this post. Regardless all thoughts and opinions are my own and I only recommend products I truly love.
We can all agree 2020 has been the craziest year ever, right? And now it’s summer. It’s hot, the kids want to kick back and enjoy their normal summers of running around outdoors. But this year is a little different. In Georgia a lot of things are back up and running but our family is still making an effort to stay socially distant for the most part, and wear our masks when we can’t. We pretty much live outdoors this time of year and this year is no different but take precautions so that we can have fun and be safe. That means keeping our distance from others this year yes but also the precautions we take to stay safe every year like wearing sunscreen and insect repellant while we are outdoors. We choose Babyganics for these products because they use plant-derived ingredients, are designed with baby and kids in mind, and still work really well! So here’s what we are getting up to:
(1) Family Tennis – Maddie Grace has loved tennis for a while now. But kind of to our surprise the other kids all love it too, even Millie. And we can do this on our driveway at home (it’s really long and we are on a quiet cut-de-sac) but we just have a “pretend net” and hit the ball back and forth in the driveway and all the kids have a blast!
(2) Pool/Beach – Our club pool is open for the summer with social distancing guidelines in place and enforced which is awesome! Also when in Savannah last week we got to go to the beach a couple of times which wasn’t too crowded and easy to keep our distance from others on. Since we are exposing a lot of skin when in swimsuits and in the sun I make sure we have plenty of sunscreen on. We love the Babyganics Spray SPF 50+ one because I feel good about the ingredients in it, love how easily it goes on, and feel like we are actually protected from the sun while wearing it which has been an issue with some other sunscreens we’ve tried lately..
(3) Hiking – We’ve been trying to find all the new hiking spots we can and get out and explore. Not too long ago while we were visiting my dad in Savannah we checked out the hiking around Fort Pulaski (which is still closed because of the pandemic but the hiking trails are open). It was super sunny and buggy out so we needed both the insect repellant and sunscreen but they worked great and we. had a blast!
(4) The Zoo – In Atlanta we are lucky to have the Atlanta Zoo which has done an amazing job implementing social distancing practices and also have several drive through zoos around for those who don’t want to even get out of their cars. We’ve done both and they’ve been a blast!
(5) Boating – This is seriously such a perfect outdoor and socially distant activity to do. Again we are lucky to have several boats that are awesome for boating around us. We use a rental company for the boat who we feel confident in the sterilizing practices of and just have our family on the boat. We don’t even stop anywhere for the most part and have fun driving around the lake!
With non-synthetic fragrances and thoughtfully chosen ingredients Babyganics products are an easy pick for our family! They are easy to find (which is important right now when some things aren’t) and are an awesome value which is obviously something we look for with 4 kids! Having spray sunscreen and bug spray that goes on easily is essential when there is always at least one baby in your arms. As moms we have plenty of things to worry about, finding a sunscreen and bug spray you feel good about doesn’t have to be one of them!