My kids both get a good lunch the days they go to preschool – and it’s the last thing they do when they are at school. Yet still, it never fails that both of them want a snack the minute we get home from school. I can not figure it out. Recently we’ve had to change up Maddie Grace’s diet some because of some dental issues she’s had, so I’ve been looking for healthier snacks that are low on artificial sugar and carbs. Here are some 3.5 year old approved after school snack ideas that we have been loving in our house:
(1) Happy Family Whole Milk Yogurt Cups: both of my kids love going to town with these yogurt cups. And I love them too! For one, all I have to do to prepare this snack is just pull them out of the fridge. And also I know that they are full of delicious and organic ingredients with no added sweeteners. Their unique flavor combinations get gets ready for trying new foods and textures. They are also non-GMO and made with probiotics and whole milk yogurt with vitamin. Make sure you head here to check out what flavors and varieties of Happy Family your Target offers!
(2) Frozen Grapes: these are something I started making when Tripp was a baby because it also helped with his teething and now it’s still a special treat both of my kids like. I cut the grapes in half length wise right when we get them and throw in a container in the freezer. It also keeps the grapes edible for longer!
(3) Ants on a Log: I’ve got to admit, I always make my kids this one when they ask partially because it brings back memories of my own childhood. I just take some celery, add peanut butter (both of my kids could eat their weight in peanut butter) and top with some raisins!
(4) Veggie dips: I have a feeling I’m not the only mom of toddlers who love dipping things. I mean these kids will eat anything if they can dip it in ‘sauce’. This has been a genius way to get them to eat their veggies. I simply keep ranch or honey mustard on hand and then have carrots and cucumbers that they can dip in there.
(5) Smoothies: this is Maddie Grace’s favorite to help make! She loves to pick out some different fruits and veggies from the fridge, and then we throw them in the blender with almond milk!
Are there any snacks your kids are loving right now? I’d love to hear what they are below!